Due to the following reasons, your pet has been determined to be at a higher risk of injury or health problem than the average pet:
Even the gentlest of grooming causes stress to an animal at a minimum because the animal is outside of its home. Because of the reasons listed above, I hereby agree to the foregoing as owner of the pet:
1. Any grooming that takes place on an elderly cat or cat with health problems will be at the owner’s risk. Grooming may expose pre-existing health and/or skin problems for which Fantastic Felines cannot be held liable. Elderly cats are at a higher risk for nicks and cuts from shaving.
2. Dematting/detangling of matted hair may cause patchiness and hair loss. Consent to remove the matted hair is on this understanding. Shaving your cat will dramatically change the pet’s appearance, and the hair will be very close to the skin. This may expose pre-existing skin conditions for which Fantastic Felines is not responsible. Removal of mats whether by shaving or dematting procedure can be stressful to your pet and may exacerbate stress-sensitive health problems. Severe matting and/or pelting will result in an additional surcharge, based upon the severity of the problem and the time required to correct it. A fecal removal surcharge and/or biter surcharge may also apply.
3. Certain illnesses and conditions including (but not limited to) diabetes, heart murmur, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, seizures, and being overweight result in a higher risk of incident during grooming.
4. Previously discussed grooming styles (i.e. Lion Cut, Comb Cut, Etc) may not be completed due to my cat’s health condition. This decision is in the cat’s best interest to prevent harm from coming to them. The client will be responsible for payment of any services that are completed in lieu of the previously discussed styles.
5. In the event of any injury or health concern, we are authorized to contact a vet and authorize any veterinary treatment for the cat as necessary. The owner is responsible for all veterinary charges that may incur as a result. Fantastic Felines will attempt to contact you in the event of an emergency via the contact number listed below.
I hereby agree to the foregoing as owner of the pet.
Emergency Contact Number:
Provided by the National Cat Groomers Institute of America, Inc